Using wallpaper as an overlay is not only functional but looks great as a design element too. Wallpaper is regarded as more than just a luxury product; from an interior design perspective it is a trendy and versatile way to add personality to a room in ways that a simple layer of paint cannot.
Where to use wallpaper
Wallpaper can be used in almost any setting and can even be used to beautify items within a home. It can be used on shelving, around windows, against bed backings, and even on television and display units adding warmth, depth and style to an otherwise humdrum room in need of a little pep and personality. You will, however, need to make sure that your walls are measured accurately before ordering wallpaper so that it fits neatly and precisely along the perimeters of your borders or wall.
Benefits of using wallpaper
- It can mask imperfections on your walls.
- Today you can get a wide range of wallpaper in many different designs, intriguing textures, and prints to enhance the décor of almost any room that you want to decorate.
- Wallpaper has a longer lifespan than paint and doesn’t peel, chip or discolour.
- It can be more cost-effective than paint as some paints require more than one coat to achieve the desired result.
- Modern wallpaper today is easier and simpler to apply than more traditional types of wallpaper. A simple process of applying the adhesive straight onto your wall and then rolling the wallpaper all the way down is what you would need to do to achieve the ‘the look’. No more having to worry about accidental splashes of paint on furniture or elsewhere for that matter.
- It is easy to clean and can be washed clean with a damp sponge.
Using wallpaper to decorate your home or office is an easy alternative to refurbishing tired-looking rooms within your premises or to spruce up the overall look entirely. If you are looking to skip the sourcing and application of your desired wallpaper and would prefer to leave it to qualified and experienced professionals, we have over a century’s worth of contracting experience in the commercial and residential renovations industry to ensure that your vision is carried out the way you want it to be.